Monday, January 17, 2011

Thank You Cows

Chocolate Milk - post recovery workout drink
My dad grew up on an organic farm and for as long as I remember I was drinking milk pretty much straight from the cows. We would make the journey to the farm and get out milk straight from the milk tank. I am pretty sure this is why I have the strongest bones of any runner in the world and have never had a broken bone in my life except the broken finger incident during gym class in our wrestling unit. This is why ten years ago when I swapped out my Endurox 4 recovery drink with chocolate milk as my post workout drink I was totally happy. I was saving some $$ and would recover for my next workout. There is actually a lot of proven science behind drinking chocolate milk post workout for recovery - check it out here. Protein, calcium, potassium, and magnesium are all keys to aid in your recovery and are all found in chocolate milk.  Plus it is cheaper and tastes yummy. Once you make the switch, you will look forward to the chocolate milk party in your mouth post long run or workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment